Friday, December 4, 2009

Our little girls

I woke up this morning at six and though I should get out of bed and be productive before the girls wake up and Laila gets here (I have two more days of watching her). So I'm posting some pictures of the girls fromthe last few months, random ones not necessarily worthy of an entire post, but cute nonetheless.

Hattie has recently developed a new love affair with books. She has always liked them, but now she'll actually sit and listen to an entire story and demands to be read "bookies" numerous times a day.


We had a pizza picnic one night. Hattie loved eating on the floor. Notice our little copy cat leaning in for the picture like Dad.


I walked into the room one day to discover this...sweet moments of being a mother.


There is an excellent frozen custard place here in town, which of course Hattie loves. Here she sports messy hair and a messy face...this picture also provides proof that I am part of my child's life, since I am never in any pictures with them!


A new favorite! Hattie actually smiled when I prompted, "Show me your teeth." She likes to pretend that the toy she is holding is a birthday cake. She'll put all the pieces in, walk up to you and say "Happy Day Mommy!" She then proceeds to take a piece out and pretend to eat it, but not after blowing out the candles first.


Kisses...and Anna doesn't even care.


Both Hattie and Anna love bath time.


Hattie decided to join Paul and Anna's session of tummy time.


Here is our little friend Laila. She loves to play with Anna, but I can't trust her the way I do Hattie. She's only 11 months old.


She also likes giving Anna kisses. She has been such a good playmate for Hattie. She has helped Hattie be better at sharing...whenever she does share, she says "Ook Mommy, I sharing." Although I won't miss being so homebound, I will miss having a constant friend for Hattie once she is gone!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't believe how big they are getting Mel! I love Hattie's adorable smile.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!! Love ya!

Marcee said...

Oh My, Hattie is a little mini you! Your girls are truely beautiful.

Steven and Erika said...

I love these photos! Hatters is moving out of that chubby baby phase and into cute little girl phase! Keira and Max want to see these several times a day....they must miss the happy messy ever wonderful hatter patters!