Saturday, January 14, 2012

My little girls

I have never been very good at documenting the funny things my kids say and do. So in order to try and preserve some of the memories of their youth, here are some recent highlights.

--Anna suddenly began to talk constantly about 2 months ago. Before that she had a very limited vocabulary. Hence she delights us every day with new favorites. With more talking, she has begun to offer the prayer at night. She usually starts, jabbering something we can't comprehend (there is usually a "bless Daddy" in there somewhere). Eventually I prompt her.

Mom - "In the name..."
Anna - "Name"
Mom - "of Jesus Christ"
Anna - "Jesus Christ"
Mom - "Amen"
Anna - (pause)"......bless the food!"

--Hattie knows that we kill bugs/spiders that are found in the house. She'll often ask me, "Mom, did you dead that spider?"

--Recently I've had the song "Video Killed the Radio Star" stuck in my head. Hattie keeps saying, "Mom, that wasn't very nice of Video to kill the Radio Star...we shouldn't sing songs about killing." She then changes it to "Video tickled the Radio Star" or "Video smashed the Radio Star."

--Paul has been gone a lot lately. When he isn't interviewing somewhere, he's working at the hospital. Anna's most common phrase is "Daddy come to our house" or "I miss you Daddy."

--The other day I attempted to potty train Anna, which meant that a wonderful friend of mine watched Hattie all day. When Hattie left, Anna was distraught. She ran around the house, screaming, crying, tantruming, for about 10 minutes, about how Hattie had gone. When we went to pick her up, Anna said, "I want Hattie, my best friends." Nothing makes me happier than to see my girls playing and loving each other.

No comments: