Sunday, January 6, 2008

Why are resolutions hard to keep?

Is it just their nature? Is there some cosmic being out there whose purpose it to ensure that we all fail? Or do we just completely lack self-discipline? Paul is sure there's a cosmic being. I mean, every year we essentially set the same resolutions, something along the lines of loosing weight, exercising, saving money, reading scriptures...occasionally there are some that are more original, but each year we are back to the same ones. Maybe it's just me, but history seems to repeat itself every year. I would call for us to unite and dedicate ourselves to being more committed, but I'm sure I'd be one of the first ones to fall out. So I'm just striving to do my best again, and gratefully I have a wonderful husband who reminds me of my goals, so they can last a little longer this year.

Speaking of Paul, he has another interview (#4) this Saturday at Southwestern in Dallas...it's ranked #19 in the nation, so we are pretty thrilled. And Hattie and I are going along too! We figure it's worth paying the standby rate for a long weekend at his parents house. But unless he absolutely LOVES Southwestern, we'll probably be at Texas Tech in Lubbock, since he's been offered a scholarship there.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Congrats on the interview!!!! I am currently waiting for Phil in his interview here at NEOUCOM. I took the day off work and we visited Kirtland while we were up here. Tell Paul Good luck!

Laura Bernard said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! Enjoy your trip!!

I'm with you on the resolutions. Get to bed early has probably been on my list for seven years. A lot of progress . . . ya right!

Best of luck to you and sticking with them!