Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Bubba's Birthday

Somehow it’s been 6 years since Niels joined our family. How the years have flown. He was born about 8 weeks after I turned 30, in our last few months of medical school. He was a tough baby...he didn’t sleep well for the first year, but once he turned one and started sleeping well, he has been the best kid ever. I remember when he was 2 he would come up and hug me about 60 times a day. This boy...he is wonderfully tender hearted. He rushes into my room every morning at 6:00 to snuggle me. He asks what we will do that day, makes a plan about what he’ll eat for breakfast, and helps me get out of bed to go exercise. He loves to obey, and when I do have to scold him, he sincerely feels bad for disobeying. He always wants to finish his school work first thing in the morning, partly so he can then play learning games, but also because he really love math and reading.
He loves all things army/Air Force/navy related right now, so finding gifts for him is pretty easy. Grandma and Grandpa Iverson sent us Paul’s old Mega Force toys and Micro Machines. They (of course Anders assumes they are his) loved them so much they haven’t asked to watch TV for a week...they are constantly playing them.

Ane Chick-fil-a somehow managed to be his birthday meal choice.

I actually had a lot of fun making this cake. Thanks to the internet for lots of ideas that I threw together to make it work.



We love you Niels! You're the sweetest boy a mother could have!

No comments: