Friday, July 24, 2009

Bed Rest

How can my body be so sore from doing nothing but sitting in bed? I'm actually quite amazed by how badly my back aches, considering that I haven't hardly moved in the last three days. My hat is off to my friends who have been on bed rest for much longer than 3 or 4 days. Gratefully I know that I only have to endure this for a maximum of 4 more days...it's nice having an end in sight.

There are some positive things about being on bed rest though. For one, we having been listening to our girl's heart beat for the last 3 days. There is something about the constant thump-thump that is strangely comforting. I find that hearing it helps me sleep better.

Also, I have a nurse and a husband at my side to do any thing I need...even paint my toenails! I am so grateful that Paul is not in school yet; otherwise I would spend my days alone.

I can take a nap whenever I want. It's often no more than 30 minutes, but that's more than I usually get at home with Hattie!

I have had some contractions. They will be regular for a few hours, then disappear completely. So we are still hopeful that she'll come on her own before Tuesday. Hopefully my body can kick into gear. We've got 4 full days before then.

8 comments:

The Jessups said...

Hang in there, girl! You all are in our prayers!

Shannon said...

Edan and I are praying for you and your little one Melanie! Wish there was something more we could do... LOVE YOU!

Noelle said...

Man, I feel for you. Backaches are the worst. Keep on keepin on, you can do this!

Eden said...

You are tough Melanie!!! My prayers are with you and your baby. Hang in there!!! Love ya!

Heather said...

You have my deepest sympathies - so glad the end is in sight!

sam and brittney said...

I am so glad for the update. I have been wondering how you guys are doing. Hang in there with the bed rest. Still praying of you guys!

Erin and Spencer said...

Wow! We are out of town and I just got on here to check for the first time in a while and I feel like I missed so much!! You guys are in our prayers, I know everything will be just fine!

LadyCarma said...

I called your mom yesterday morning as she was feeding Hattie breakfast. I could hear Hattie in the background: "Mommy. I want my mommy!" She did quiet down when Linda gave her the second bowl of cereal, and when she finished that I heard her calling for more. When Linda tried to give her some yogurt, Hattie was not fooled. This is NOT cereal! After she finished eating that, she wanted to go outside. Linda said to Hattie: "We have to get our clothes on first, okay." And we said goodbye so she could care for Hattie. She brought me up to date on everything happening. You are constantly in my prayers that you can endure this, the baby is healthy and everything turns out the way the Lord has planned. And I am praying for Paul also! Love you all. "Roll with the punches" as Stephen Covey says!