Monday, August 2, 2010

Where did June and July go?

Alas, August started yesterday, and I have nothing to show for the first half of the summer. I just sorted through the pictures I have and I hardly took any. You would think they were uneventful months, but they were quite busy.

June: Paul studied. All the time. He studied in our bedroom closet, surfacing for food every few hours. I tried to stay busy, painting the family room and kitchen and having play dates with two great friends who recently moved. At the end of the month he took Step 1, the exam that directly affects what residency he will get in a few years. We're glad it's over.

Can you tell I am indecisive? It took 15 paint samples to pick the color of my family room. After that fiasco, I had my mother-in-law come help me pick the color of the kitchen. With her help, I think I only bought 4 samples...thanks Jessie! Pictures soon to come...

Hattie still asks to play with Callie on a regular basis...she thinks Idaho is close by I guess!

We spent a week in Dallas, and didn't do much since it RAINED the entire time, canceling trips to Six Flags and waterparks. No pictures. Relaxing, quiet week. On the 4th of July I flew to Boise with the girls. It was a long travel day...don't want to travel again soon. I spent two weeks at my parents. Paul stayed behind to start his 3rd year rotations. I think I only took 15 picture on the whole trip. Sad. That's what happens when you travel alone...I was too busy to think about pictures.

Gratefully we did have a family picture with everyone in the family, minus Spencer on his mission, Paul at school, and uncle Aaron at work.

Watching the fireworks with the kids

Hattie and Jonas though the water jugs were fun to play with

One day at the Eastons, Myra and Natali decided to have a cookie/Kool-aid stand. It was hilarious watching them try to stop all the 3 year olds from snitching too many cookies and drinks. And a few neighbor kids joined in the fun...and of course demanded their share of the money when it was over :)

And my mom pulled out this music that I grew up dancing to...good memories and the kids loved it!

Hattie was glad to get back home. The first thing she did was grab all of her stuffed animals and line them up on the couch. They are probably her favorite toy to play with. She is constantly carting ALL of them from her bed, to the couch, to Anna's room, to our bathroom.

Paul and Hattie in their scrubs

Anna turned one! Crazy to think that it was only a year ago that I was hospitalized for a week, worrying about a premmie baby. She's definitely not tiny anymore! She still isn't crawling, but has finally started bearing weight on her legs. We were so excited when she started standing that now Hattie squeals with delight every time she sees Anna standing. I think she weighs about 23 lbs. She is definitely more snuggly than Hattie, more content to watch and observe, loves to eat fruit, cheese, and ice cream, is happy whenever outside, and is sporting 6 little teeth. Happy Birthday Anna!


Steven and Erika said...

Happy 1st birthday anna! She looks so different from hattie but love the big blue eyes and the pic of hattie and paul in scrubs. I have no idea where june and july went either!

Melissa said...

I'm glad to see an update. I was starting to worry about where you had disappeared to!

WhitJ said...

Your house colors turned out very nice, good choice! Also, I love the see me run song, I remember that tape growing up.

Julia said...

I agree with Hattie, stuffed animals are the most fun!

I can't believe it's been a year either... so many changes! It feels like time has gone by twice as fast since Michael and I were married... I can't imagine how fast it must seem to go with kids!

Lisa Easton said...

We miss you and your cutie little girls. Happy late B-day Anna!