Monday, August 30, 2010

Por fin!


Remember back in March 2009 when I posted about Paul getting a saw so that he could build us a dinner table? Well, after three attempts and 18 months, it's finally done (he actually started this model in May 2010 while I was in Iowa...being in med school doesn't spare too much time for hobbies). Looks pretty good, eh? We made it nice and wide so that we can actually serve our food on the table instead of in the kitchen, and so that we can play board games comfortably...such a step up from two card tables smashed together. Now we just need some chairs that aren't folding chairs. That'll take another 18 months :)

11 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Nice looking table Paul. I am impressed.

Mike said...

Looks great!

Kurt and Kristy said...

That turned out great!

Cox Family said...

Wow, that's awesome! It looks great. Paul may have something there, if med school doesn't work out.

Lana said...

That is beautiful! And seriously, good for him! How do people know how to do stuff like that?? My husband would not even attempt that! :) Sometimes you can find good deals on chairs on overstock.com if he doesn't want to build them. :) Usually they sell them in sets and their shipping cost is $2.95 no matter how much it weighs. We got a bed through them several years ago.

But, with how beautiful the table looks, I'd be holding out for the real deal. :)

Jamie Jo said...

Whoa, that is awesome! I have found a website that is all about making your own furniture (knockoffwood.com), and it is addicting! I have a few projects I am going to post on soon, but it looks like my new project should be a table!.... or is Paul available for custom orders? ;)

Steven and Erika said...

Great job Paul! I am seriously impressed with the table....I like the above note....is he available for custom orders...haha! I'd pay ya!

Kat Curtis said...

Wow! That looks fabulous!! And I love your paint colors too - all of the samples paid off. :)

Elise said...

Awesome! I love it.

Jamie said...

Wow! That's beautiful!

Peterson's said...

FINALLY, Too bad we weren't their to enjoy it with ya'll.
(Tip: just run out to the Unfinished Furniture store and pick out a couple shairs to stain before paul gets any ideas)