Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Latest quilting project

So it's December again...5 years ago I decided to make a quilt for whichever sibling I had for Christmas (Mark, Val, Laura, and Lisa so far). This year I have my little brother Spencer for Christmas. He is currently serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Tallahassee, Florida. And being that he's 24, single, and will be going to college when he returns home in a month, I didn't think my usual patchwork quilt would be his style. So I bought a cotton Florida flag and added a border...the easiest quilt I ever made, and hopefully it'll be a good reminder of his mission. I did hand-quilt the middle where the woman and the boat are, something I've never done before. And since he's still in Florida and won't be reading this blog, I can post it before Christmas!

1 comment:

Val said...

Pretty darn cool birthday girl!